This is an exciting opportunity to join Sengenics, a leading functional proteomics company which leverages its patented KREX technology for producing correctly folded, functionally validated proteins. KREX has become the gold standard technology for detecting any biomarker (autoantibodies, DNA or proteins) that interacts with a protein at exceptional sensitivity and specificity.
As the Field Application Specialist, you will be the primary technical field contact for Sengenics’ customers and collaborators in the East Coast. In this capacity, you are responsible for pre- and post-sales technical support for Sengenics’ proprietary KREX protein array technology and KREX-based products and services. You will be expected to build and maintain long-term relationships and establish rapport with customers and collaborators. This position can be remote (or based at our Massachusetts site) with travel requirements of up to 50% to customer sites, conferences and exhibitions.
- Execute and implement the company’s commercial strategies to drive business growth and increase the company’s valuation
- Support sales team in technical discussions and presentations to customers and collaborators during meetings, conferences and exhibitions
- Provide application support for pre- and post- sales activities for Sengenics’ KREX technology and KREX-based products and services
- Provide expert understanding and strong technical competency to customers in discussions on project requirements related to the use of Sengenics’ products and services
- Coordinate with the internal technical team members to address customer enquiries related to all technical aspects of Sengenics’ products and services
- Keep informed of competitive market information at industry seminars, conferences and exhibitions and provide reports on trends to the Sales and Marketing team
- Keep abreast of all research and development in the field of functional proteomics and immuno-proteomics
- PhD in Proteomics, Protein Engineering or related field
- 3 to 5 years of commercial experience preferably in a commercial biotech or pharma environment
- Strong technical knowledge of proteomics specifically in protein arrays, protein expression, mass spectrometry and assay development
- Wet lab experience, a plus
- Highly self-motivated and must have demonstrated ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience in customer support
- Flexibility in working hours to support multiple time zones