This is an exciting opportunity to join Sengenics, a leading functional proteomics company which leverages its patented KREX technology for producing correctly folded, functionally validated proteins. KREX has become the gold standard technology for detecting autoantibody biomarkers at exceptional sensitivity and specificity, as well as for quantitative, multiplexed functional analysis of protein-ligand interactions, including protein-protein complexes, protein-DNA- and protein small molecule interactions.
As the Laboratory Director, you will play a key leadership role in overseeing and directing the day-to-day operations at our newly established R&D and proteomics service laboratories in Massachusetts. You will report directly to the Chief Scientific Officer and work in close collaboration with heads of departments across the company to ensure effective execution and delivery of the Company’s short- and long-term strategies.
- Develop and execute laboratory strategies relating to new product and assay development, as well as product finishing;
- Develop, validate and take through to regulatory approval the Company’s Dx and CDx biomarker panels, to underpin the Company’s commercial strategy;
- Represent the company at strategic scientific and industry meetings to present the company’s products and research to internal and external stakeholders including clients, partners, collaborators, and regulatory agencies;
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to support the company’s commercial activities and objectives;
- Manage and grow a multi-disciplinary team of scientists to execute and deliver on R&D and operational strategies;
- Improve and implement processes that promote efficiency and effectiveness of all laboratory operations, including protein array quality control and services;
- PhD in a relevant Life Sciences discipline, including Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Protein Engineering, Proteomics, Immunology or related field;
- Minimum of 5 years of management or leadership experience in a high-performing, multi-disciplinary research and/or industrial setting;
- Significant product development and manufacturing experience with a track record of success leading multiple programs all the way to clinical development;
- Experience with setting up laboratories to meet ISO/CLIA accreditation and/or clinical development compliance requirements e.g. GCP and GMP;
- Strong scientific and technical acumen. Research and technical experience in functional and immuno-proteomics would be a bonus;
- Possess excellent interpersonal communication skills and be able to lead and direct others.